Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Art!!!

Ok so here are my latest art installments. Briefly here's a tidbit about them:
1) Eleventh Hour--
this is about my wrestlings with God (and unbelief) because He's such an 11th hour GOD. Always (and I do mean just about always) He stretches our faith to what feels like the end--while I know it's for his glory and namesake (and our awe and worship) it doesn't make the process fun. It also was about waiting, longing, dreams, keeping my heart alive to hope)

2) Believe--
this was inspired by a window i saw on my way to jury duty in santa ana. i have long loved the vibrancy of the indian culture and this led to creating something around the concept of believing God when he's spoken into your heart even when you do not see. Fun facts I realized in the process of doing the art (and this of course was the Spirit because while i'd like to believe i am that engenius i am simply not)

*LOTUS flower-"Rooted in the mud but blossoming above the water, completely uncontaminated by the mud, the lotus represents spiritual perfection and authority. Furthermore, the lotus seat is a common motif in Hindu and Buddhist iconography. The gods and goddesses, the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, typically sit or stand upon a lotus, which suggests their spiritual authority. To be seated upon or to be otherwise associated with the lotus suggests that the being in question: God, Buddha, or human being-has transcended the limitations of the finite world (the mud of existence, as it were) and floats freely in a sphere of purity and spirituality."

* CIRCLE-Surrounding Shiva's (imagine Jesus instead) figure and emanating from him is an immense aureole of flames (prabhamandala) representing the vital processes of nature, sustained by the tremendous energy of the dancing God within. The flames represent the transcendental power of wisdom and truth, as well as the mantra 'Om' which signifies the totality of creation. Also known as the Ananda Tandava, this dance is a metaphor for the belief that life is essentially a dynamic balancing of good and bad, where opposites are interdependent. The dance of Shiva is the dance of life.

3) Pregnant Desire--

There's a funny story about this...my roommates and I were having a Christmas Party and my bro-in-law, Kyle, saw this piece of art on my bookcase. He was admiring it but then humorously warned me, "Uh Suz if your hoping to meet a guy tonight you may wanna put that away, it may be a little much!" LOL!!! What can I say I'm 32 and being honest (o; It's about those times when God arouses your heart in profound ways and asks us to walk a tender path of hope (but not demand) towards the longings of our heart.

And there you have it, my new art!

No comments: