Friday, October 19, 2012

Celebration Fridays


Happy Friday!  Today we're celebrating fruit in our lives. Small fruit, big fruit, growing fruit, and the fruit that's ripe and ready for the picking.  Whatever the fruit, it wasn't always there and now is. That, my friends, is a b e a u t i f u l  thing. 

The pruning, the discomfort, the fruitless seasons, the times where the Master Gardener was doing His work and it was hidden, now is bearing fruit.  Fruit that allows us to share in beauty but droops becomingly to bless and nourish others.

Let's pause and take a moment to thank our Lord for the branch that was once empty that now bears fruit in our lives.  Plump, juicy, yummy, fruit that brings life!

A prayer for today:

Father,
I stand before you empty-handed this morning because I honestly own nothing and have nothing to offer you except my very life. And so, I offer you my life – my will, my intellect, my movement, my words, my body, whatever I possess – all of me. Do with my life what you desire – mold it, shape it, form it more into Your likeness. This is my prayer and hope – that I would be a walking, breathing testimony of Your grace and Your love. That I would be the sweet smell of You, an offering and a gift. May those who find themselves in my presence truly find themselves to be in Your presence.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen. (Renovare' Ministries)

Now that is worth celebrating!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by to see us at Kyle's birthday
dinner and for the very nice blogs this week.... Have a great weekend. XO RCS

Anonymous said...

Yes,celebrate!!!