Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!

It was a fantastic time!  I got to go to Miss Lindsay Snyder's graduation ceremony!  Way to go girl on finishing up Spiritual Formation & Soul Care (which, LOL, is never really finished up but y'all know what I mean!)

Saturday night she had a fun party at Blue Beet in Newport and we had apps and drinks (not to mention, gasp, smoked a clove cigarette outside...my favorite bonding activity) note incriminating photo of Linds a few years ago in Greece.


Sunday we went and stayed at Kyle and Lisa's Santa Monica "Beach Manor" which proved the perfect place for hangin out, walkin' the promenade, and debriefing the weekends events (one of our favorite Chestnut House pastimes)

Monday after sleeping in and going to Panera, we went to my favorite special place Serra Retreat Center in Malibu.  The Lord has really used this place over the years through all sorts of seasons of life to bless me.  If you ever get a chance make a visit it's about 11 miles up HWY 1 from Santa Monica and I hope it will bless you just as much.

The view...

My bench...


I'm not gonna lie, sometimes the zillion dollar homes nearby are distracting or knowing you can drive by Mel Gibson at any moment.  But other than that Wal-ah my sacred space!

We had our own quiet times with the Lord and then came back together to share and pray. What a special place Miss Lindsay Lou has in my heart.  I miss my OC friends!  Boo...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A fun-filled weekend. The Malibu retreat looks beautiful. Welcome back. See you Sat. at the birthday bash for Miss Cass.

Anonymous said...

Live-it-up, Suz!

Rosie said...

I'd like to visit your Malibu retreat too. Maybe we can go sometime over the Summer.
Mum

Rosemary said...

I'd like to go to the retreat at Malibu. Maybe you can take me someday.
Love,
Mum