Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Arts: Michael's Doodles

Meet my brother, Michael.
Last week I was visiting my brother Michael and sister-in-law Farah at their home in Santa Maria.  As we were all chatting in their office, Michael was about his usual antics... fiddling here and there, finding this and that, and doing yet another creative project (there are usually several happening at once).  


As I was talking to Farah I began to laugh out loud as I caught my brother out of the corner of my eye, "Farah, I wish you could have seen Michael when he was a little boy.  Just picture him exactly how he is only smaller." We looked over at him sitting on the floor, cutting out papers, organizing photos, and taping fervently on a frame board.  "Just picture that only 5 years old, with X-men cartoon playing and a couple of chocolate chip granola bars nearby."


All that to say, I have said and will forever go on record as saying, my brother Michael R. Shaw is a creative genius!  He teaches, writes, paints, sketches, designs, had a blog before blogs were cool, publicizes, creates plays....


That said, he is our artist pick for this Friday.  Hope you enjoy his fantastic doodles as much as I do.  You can follow him (and his wide variety of "doodles" at www.igmasterw.blogspot.com, go back and read some of his entries when he was writing more...hysterical. And his movie reviews dead-on.)

I picked a random grouping of characters.  Go to the blog to meet a lot of other random peeps! (I feel you could spend hours making up short stories about each one).
 





 

4 comments:

Michael said...

Thanks for the love!

Anonymous said...

Cool and true! The man's got it all!!

KYLE AND LISA said...

The second drawing of the freckle kid is my fave!

KYLE AND LISA said...

the second drawing is my fave, the freckle kid!