Monday, January 21, 2013

Sacred Moment Monday

Mondays, unlike most folks, have become one of my favorite days.  I work a lot of Saturdays so Sundays and Mondays are for me.  This weekend I got to speak at Asian American Christian Fellowship's (AACF) Winter Retreat.  

So today was just for r e l a x i n g.

If you know me, you know I absolutely love not having to turn on my alarm clock and sleeping in!

Second to sleeping in, my favorite thing is grabbing my coffee and fiber one chocolate chip bar and sliding right back into--you guessed it--my bed!

After an hour or so (okay let's be honest two hours) of reading, prayer, and web surfing I got up to face the day.  Now last week I bundled up around the house, but today is a totally different story...75 degrees! So after some errands I ended up....
Yup, at the beach. Since the random January warmth was here to stay, I treated myself to a Blended Strawberry Lemonade from my old stomping grounds, Starbucks.  Such a refreshing treat!
And I don't know if it was the random trip to the beach, the yummy drink, or the welcoming bench but in that moment, all was well.
Sitting there I was thankful but not for what you're thinking.  Sure the day, setting,  and drink were nice but they were extras. It was the calm going on in my interior life I was celebrating.  I've felt a little blah lately.  Staring into the unknown and trusting He is at work.  But something shifted as I settled in to slowing down, not worrying about what is to come or what has past, and just allowed myself to Be. Here. Now.
Like the sun that rises and sets each day, Jesus has been faithful to pursue me, love me, and meet me in season after season.  Today we enjoyed some warmth, tomorrow there may be rain, regardless He is always near, in the moment, with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts and lovely photos. You are loved.
XOXO RCS