December was F U L L !
Full of J O Y. Full of F R U I T I O N. Full of L I F E.
So with out further adieu I present to you things I learned in December:
3) I learned Susie Shaw can, in fact, be surprised! When I was a girl, I was simply terrible at Christmas. I snuck into my dad's wallet to read the list of what he bought. I stole the keys to my parents car and opened the trunk!? Horrible! Horrible! But this season I'm now two for two. I was surprised by Mr. F's engagement November 23 and by my friend Lindsay showing up as "guest assistant" the day of our engagement shoot. See those lovelies bookending us? The one by Mr. F is Lindsay. And that lovely on the far right next to me? Well that is Elizabeth, of www.elizabethray.com, who continues to * w o w * me with her talent! Forever grateful for that day spent together and the photos we have to commemorate it!
4) I learned Mr. F and his son are my family. We are becoming a unit. I know it seems like a no-brainer since we're getting married. But there's something about this in-between time that gives my heart room to settle into my new life. My eyes welled up as my heart caught up to the truth watching them play ball with my nephew. My family... My family!
5) I'm not that into peppermint. Nope, just not that interested in it. Have your candy canes and peppermint bark. BUT I do love my chocolate dipped peppermint joe-joes! For some reason they fall into a whole different FA-LA-LA category for me.
6) I am a crazy deal hunter! I hate paying full price. I got our honeymoon package for over half off!!! Maybe I should start a wheelin' and dealin' bridal site? Seriously if there isn't free shipping, a percentage off, or some incentive I am likely to look elsewhere. By the way, Mr. F loves this about me!
7) I learned Christmas has only just begun for me, us, we! January will reveal more anticipation, preparation, and expectation as the wedding date draws near! Hurray for such a special season of life! We are savoring it! And while the blog may not be as often, I hope to pop in a bit more leading up to the BIG day!