Friday, May 31, 2013

Celebration Friday

Yahhhhoooo! It's Friday.  My favorite day of the week.  Well actually if you want specifics it's the hours between 7pm and Saturday morning around noon. Indeed. This is the peak hours for hanging with friends, catching up with Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, and maybe a little HGTV.  I suppose I should add this week it's been Arrested Development.  Oh that Bluth Family!  Then maybe it's some special dessert, a book, a magazine...oh the possibilities!

Ok so why the strange enjoyment of those hours? You must know I am not a morning person. The fact that I am typing right now leaves something to be desired.  I have never been a morning person. My mum used to come in with her sweet British accent at 6:45 am for school and I. loathed. her. Mary Poppins singing, "Good morning, darling, what would you like for breakfast?" And I loathed her? A mom who is willing to make her daughter whatever she wants for breakfast!?

So this critchity, crochity vampire gal thrives knowing, I can stay up as late as I like, I can read, look at magazines, stay out, sleep in....the possibilities are endless for this Friday night!

But que sera sera, tomorrow I work.

Haha. Bummer.  Good thing I like my job. And let's be honest the shop doesn't open until 10am.  Oh, I failed to mention Saturday mornings I may stay in the sacred, fluffy, cozy goodness bed until noon. Yup. Don't judge. ( :

Ok, so what am I celebrating this week? Drum roll.....
Uh, how much do I l o v e this girl! Rockin' the mustache wine marker. Mmmm love Pinot Grigio, my favorite. And the company of my sister's neighbors, adorable nieces, and triple cream brie cheese p e r f e c t o !

This little l o v e went pee-pee in the potty 12 times in a row, complete with sticker chart and boisterous yelling for twelfth sticker. You should have heard the shrills, "Woooo-hoooooo!" Of course Auntie Sue and Mommy were excited because this meant a trip to Rite-Aid for ice cream! Remember when they were like 25 cents a scoop.  Mint chip! Yummmers!

And then I came across this pin.  And I think of God's g r a c e. His tender love and purposeful intent for each of us.  I think of how often my heart wanders and I think "I've missed it." The perpetual it. And yet how God always brings me back into the is...He is for me. He is with me. He is guiding me. He is never going to leave me or forsake me. He IS.  As in Mr. Abraham I AM, disciples I AM, then now, forever...eternal.  And that is why the above is true, you could even say it this way:

The journey I put you on has molded you for your greater good, and it was/is/and will be exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. I live in fullness of time (redemptive time). I took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the N O W. And N O W is right on time.

Alright my friends, it is 9am and time to get ready for the thrift shop.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend... See you Sunday for Cassidy's celebration... That Emma Rose and Lindsey love their fun! Love, RCS